The PM8020 SRCv 8x6G is a PCIe Gen 3 to 8-port, 6 Gb/s SAS RAIDon- Chip (RoC) controller designed for volume servers and blade applications. The SRCv 8x6G supports the SAS 2.1 specification. Building on the ground-breaking advancements of the maxSAS SRC family, the SRCv 8x6G offers performance improvements with an extremely efficient and scalable architecture, eliminating system performance limitations of traditional RoC devices. In addition to the highly optimized architecture, the SRCv 8x6G provides an easy-to-port application-programming environment for rapid time-to-market.
- Ultra-high performance RoCstar contention-free architecture
- Highest possible throughput enabled by 8 Gbyte/s PCIe Gen 3 interface
- Improved VM performance with PCIe I/O virtualization (IOV) support
- 8 x 6 Gb/s SAS ports supporting the SAS 2.1 specification
- MIPS processing cluster with multi-threading to enable dramatically-increased processing capability
- Increase reliability and performance with standalone or inline hardware XOR and RAID 5/6 support
- Backward compatibility with existing SRC-based designs
- Preserves legacy system support through backward compatibility with SAS 1.0, PCIe 1.1 and 2.0
- Encryption-free device to comply with export restrictions
Typical Applications include:
- Volume servers
- Blade applications
Are you seeing all your results?
If you are a PMC-Sierra Customer or Partner you may have permission
to see additional results on the myPMC product page.
Please log in to the myPMC product page to check.
There are no publically available documents for this product.
Please log in to the myPMC product page to view documentation.