The PM8620 NSE 20G is a monolithic CMOS integrated circuit that performs DS0 and above granularity Space (cross bar) switching on 32 full duplex STS-12 streams.
The device provides 20 Gbit/s (258,048 DS0s; 10,752 T1s/VT1.5s; 8064 E1s/VT2s; 384 DS3s/E3s) switching.
The NSE 20G can be combined in applications with the PM5372 TSE and the PM5310 TBS devices from the PMC-Sierra CHESS(TM) product family and with the PM8610 SBS and the PM8611 SBSLITE.
- Supports 32 STS-12 equivalent serial ports via 777.6 MHz, 8B/10B encoded LVDS links. Each port can be either Serial TelecomBus or Serial SBI336S.
- In SBI mode, switches DS0 or NxDS0 for all T1 and E1 tributaries and aggregate columns for switching T1, E1, VT1.5, VT2, DS3 and E3 tributaries.
- The NSE 20G can be used with the companion SBS devices to implement a switch fabric scaleable to 20 Gbit/s.
- In TelecomBus, switches VT1.5, VT2, or STS-1 tributaries.
- Supports switching of arbitrary non-standard octet aggregates.
- Supports unicast, multicast, and broadcast for all switching modes.
- Supports full-duplex, in-band communication channels from the NSE to each SBS or SBSLITE device. These channels can be used to initialize and control the SBS's for fabric monitoring and maintenance.
- Supports "1+1" or "1:n" fabric redundancy in conjunction with the SBS or SBSLITE devices.
- Supports two sets of switch settings and a controlled method of changing settings on STS-12 frame boundaries.
- Supports an IEEE P1149.1 JTAG test port.
- Provides a 32-bit microprocessor bus interface for configuration, control and status monitoring.
- Low power 1.8 V / 3.3 V 0.18 µm CMOS technology.
- Available in a high density 480-ball 35x35 mm UBGA.
- -40 °C to +85 °C Industrial Temperature Operation.
Typical Applications include:
- T1/E1 SONET/SDH Cross-connects.
- T1/E1 SONET/SDH Add-Drop Multiplexers.
- OC-48 Multiservice Access Multiplexers.
- Channelized OC-12/OC-48 Any Service Any Port Switches.
- Voice Gateways.
Are you seeing all your results?
If you are a PMC-Sierra Customer or Partner you may have permission
to see additional results on the myPMC product page.
Please log in to the myPMC product page to check.